The Marshlink line, part of the Sussex Community Rail Partnership, holds its annual general meeting from 11.30am on Friday, November 27, at Rye Town Hall.
As well as a presentation from Kevin Barry, the line’s community rail development officer, based at Rye, speakers will include Hastings and Rye MP Amber Rudd, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, and David Scorey, director of train operator Southern.
Kevin Boorman, chair of the Marshlink line community rail partnership, said he hoped to see as many people at the AGM as possible.
He said: “We have a very active community rail development officer, and a very strong steering group, supported by some excellent volunteers.
“The Marshlink is the lifeblood of the local community, and we are delighted to be joined for our AGM on Friday by local MP Amber Rudd, and David Scorey, from Southern.
“It promises to be an interesting meeting, and I hope to see as many people as possible in Rye Town Hall at 11.30am on Friday morning, not just from Rye, but from the many communities the Marshlink line serves.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out.
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.