Battle Town Council’s successful writing competition is expected to return later this year.
The competition was launched last year as a special event to mark the 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings.
But thanks to an impressive response, particularly from a number of local schools, the council has decided to hold the writing competition again in 2017.
This year’s competition will have the title ‘Magic Battle’.
Town clerk Carol Harris told the Observer: “We had a lot of applications for it and it was well-received by the schools, so we are going to continue it.”
The trophies for last year’s competition had been provided courtesy of a grant from Rother District Council and other generous donations.
Battle Town Council has not yet revealed the date of the 2017 competition and more information is expected to be released soon.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.