• Saturday April 13 Beckley Horticultural Society are holding their spring show at Beckley village centre. Further details contact
• Don’t forget SBSA is holding a small animal pet show in Beckley village centre 2-4pm Saturday April 20. All proceeds to Beckley schools play equipment. There are classes for cats (photos only) birds, rabbits, guinea pigs. Class one- Cats- photo entries only - £1 per photo no bigger than 7x5 and mounted - 1a-Cat and owner lookalikes, 2a-prettiest cat, 3a-fluffiest cat, 4a-funniest photo of a cat, 5a-The cat the judge would like to take home. Class Two-Rabbits-£1 per sub class entered - 1b-the rabbit with the smallest ears, 2b-the rabbit with the longest ears,
3b--fluffiest tail, 4b-prettiest rabbit, 5b-The rabbit the judge would like to take home. Class three-Guinea pigs-£1 per sub class entered, 1c-most attractive, 2c-best pair of guinea pigs, 3c-smallest guinea pig, 4c- brightest eyes, 5c-guinea pig judge would like to take home. Class four-Others (all other small pets eg hamsters/gerbils/reptiles) -£1 - 1d-the pet with the best eyes, 2d- Smallest pet, 3d-the pet best at hiding itself, 4d-most unusual/scariest/ugliest pet, 5d-pet judge would like to take home.
Class five-birds-£1 per sub class entered - 1e-most colourful bird, 2e-best pair/trio of birds, 3e – bird who makes the most noise, 4e-cheekiest bird, 5-bird judge would like to take home. Classes – You can enter as many classes as you wish. Sorry no dogs or ferrets. The Rules. No dogs, cats, fish or ferrets allowed. Pets must be in a suitable secure container/cage. Pets must be in good health. They must have fresh water available in a dish. You can bring a little food. Be prepared to answer questions about pets. Pets will be given a card stating which classes they are in. Please arrive at 2pm to allow judging to begin at 2.30pm.
• Beckley Parish assembly will be held on May 17 at Beckley Village Hall. All welcome.
• New parents to the school Bruni & graham are running a quiz night at Beckley village hall Saturday May 18 7.30pm start.
Please bring your own drinks and a picnic . £5 per adult, £2 per child.All welcome, Teams of up to eight. firstname.lastname@example.org for further
• Saturday July 6 11am -3pm Beckley school summer fete. All Beckley societies are invited to attend and run a stall for their own cause so that this will be a real community event. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
8 Wednesday July 10 9.30-11am open morning at Beckley school. All the villagers are invited in to come and look around the school and celebrate the children’s wonderful work which will be on display.
• We’ve all put a wheel up on the kerb when space is tight, whether it’s a quick run into the local shop, or a sneaky parking spot.
Leaving your car straddling a kerb and taking up the whole pavement especially in residential areas makes life very difficult for some people. If you use a wheelchair, for example, or have a pushchair, it can be impossible to use a pavement if there is a parked car on it. So please have a thought when parking on the pavements in Beckley that there is room for a push chair night or daytime!
• Another way to keep updated on the village news, Cllr. Bernard Baverstock will be writing a monthly article in the Parish Magazine giving a personal view of parish business.
• Spring fair on Saturday April 27 in Northiam, if you would like a stall please contact Sharon Parker on 01797260582 or Kayleigh
on 01797252799 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Beckley Players are performing “Calendar Girls” in May. The performance dates are Tuesday 21st to Saturday May 25, and tickets will go on sale from May 1. Box office contact number nearer the time. They anticipate this to be a very popular show,
which is why they are doing five performances, instead of the usual four. Showing times and prices to follow closer to the date.
• A date to remember Saturday June 15. 40s and 50s ight at Beckley Village Centre 730pm till 11pm. Tickets are £6 on the door. Come along and listen and dance to the sounds of glen miller, Vera lyn, Jackie Wilson plus many more played by “Beckley’s very own DJ Darcie Rose” and guests. Bring your drinks and nibbles. Free tea and coffee.
• Bargains in Beckley. Setup for locals to sell items they no longer need and want to sell, if you are looking for a bargain or clearing
out the loft. No selling fees like most internet sites or local free papers. Just go on face book and enter Bargains in Beckley and
join this free group we have over 183 members.
• So that residents are aware they can contact our District Councillor Ian Jenkins via e mail. This will help the parish by giving you more immediate responses to questions or concerns. email@example.com.
• Dog fouling isn’t just unpleasant, it’s illegal. Dog owners have a responsibility to clear up after their pets, those that don’t can
face fines of up to £1,000.If you would like to make a dog fouling complaint please phone 01424 787000 if you don’t make this call
they will keep letting their dogs do it.
• Beckley Village Centre is available to hire. By people hiring and supporting fund raising events put on by the hall committee it
will keep the hiring costs down. Why not book a children’s party, wedding reception or conference. For further information on
charges and hall bookings call Margaret Lenton 01797260420
• Why not join one of the many groups held in Beckley village entre.
• Beckley Baby Club every Wednesday 9.15-11.15 £2
• Aeroba-Funk. High/Low Impact Aerobics with an Old Skool Style and Mix’d Sounds (70s, 80s, and 90s onwards) Suitable for all
levels of fitness. Tuesdays 6.30pm.Emma 07809 887471 www.facebook.com/AerobaFunk Pilates every Wednesdays 1.30pm contact Sarah Lush
07769651899 Taekwondo every Wednesdays 4.30pm contact Petra Darvill 01233 330128 Beckley Trefoil Guild meets Third Monday of the month in the
Small Hall at 7.30 Secretary Julie 252404 firstname.lastname@example.org Brownies Thursday 6.30pm Table Tennis every Thursday mornings old & new members welcome Carol Cobby 01797 252382. Yoga every Friday mornings contact Evelyn Lamb 260569. Friends of Beckley Church Coffee Morning 1st Tuesday 10.30am. WI 2nd Monday 7.30pm contact Ann Jones 260527. Regular monthly Council Meetings are held in the Village Centre’s Meeting Room. Every 2nd Wednesday at 730. www.beckleyparishcouncil.co.uk
Village Lunch 2nd Thursday 12.30pm bookings Tony Bryant 260518 History Society Friday evenings contact Dennis Ward 260313 Beckley horticultural society 01797 260232 Beckley players 01797 230572 Beckley bowls club 01797 252129
• Residents of the village may like to also join Beckley village society; it’s been set up to inform villagers of the goings on in
Beckley by an email informing you of everything from fetes, fairs, sport events and future housing planning. To join just send your
name to email@example.com Or join our Facebook group Beckley Village Society with over 159 members now, the site can be used for local businesses, sharing events or just to post a photo of the beautiful Beckley scenes.
• If you see anything suspicious in the village please call PC Nigel Collins 07787 685691 or 0845 6070999.
• If you want to put everything is this column, please email.
Deborah Ongley, Beckley Main Street