A motorcyclist was left with serious injuries after his bike was in collision with a car in Broad Oak yesterday afternoon (Sunday, April 2).
Police are appealing for witnesses following the accident which happened on the B2089 Chitcombe Road, Broad Oak, near Rye, shortly before midday.
The motorcyclist, a 58-year-old man from Bexhill who was riding a black Suzuki GSXR-1000, was flown by the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton for treatment.
The car involved in the collision, a red Vauxhall Adam, was driven by a 28-year-old man from Broad Oak.
Neither he nor his passenger, a 28-year-old woman, also from Broad Oak, were hurt.
The road was closed and diversions set up for more than five hours while the incident was dealt with.
Anyone who saw the collision or noticed either vehicle being driven shortly before the incident is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org, report details online at https://sussex.police.uk/contact-us/response-to-appeal/ or phone 101, quoting Operation Alicante.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @RyeObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.