A Battle man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a woman in Herstmonceux.
The 50-year-old man, who was known to the 48-year-old victim, had been taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, after being found injured at an address near Battle.
Following treatment he was discharged from hospital but immediately arrested.
He is now in custody assisting police with their enquiries.
Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death but have renewed an appeal to anyone who noticed anything suspicious in West End, Herstmonceux, over the past 48 hours to contact them.
Anyone with any information is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting Operation Partridge.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 (www.crimestoppers-uk.org).
A post mortem examination is due to take place tomorrow (Wednesday, March 23) to determine the cause of death. The coroner has been informed.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.