- I must apologise if last week’s Village Voice may have caused a little confusion, but the heading used was for Peasmarsh and ours was used on their column. All of that is in the hands of the editor and we have no control over the finished article.
- As it was stated last week, there has been a custom for several years now to have lilies and other flowers for the Easter period in St George’s Church dedicated to someone that you wish to be remembered.
Orders can be placed now, so, if you would like to make a donation and have a dedication for someone please let Mrs. Betty May know (01424-882667) as soon as possible and by March 25 at the latest.
Although the cost is being kept as low as possible, lilies will be £2.25 per stem, donations are at the discretion of the individual person.
The list of dedications will be on view on the Church over the Easter period.
- Brede & Udimore Luncheon Club meets again next week on Tuesday, February 28, at 12.30 pm in the Village Hall for their monthly lunch.
New members are always welcome and for full details please contact the Secretary, Frances Parnham on 01424-882007. Brede Crafters have their next meeting in the Village Hall on Wednesday, February 29, at 2.00 pm
- The newly formed Rye & District Community Hub is holding an Open Day on Wednesday, February 29, at Rye Club, Market Road, Rye from 10.30 am to 8pm. If you would like to know about the community activities of the Hub, its web-site and the newspaper venture please go along.
- Next Saturday, March 3, Brede Steam Engine Society has another Open Day at Brede Waterworks.
The Giants will be open from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm as usual.
Free car parking and signposted at the top of Brede Hill.
Enthusiasts of historical machinery are always welcome.
In the evening another Village Dance is being held at the Village Hall from 7.30 pm. Programmes include all the popular ballroom dances, sequence, Latin and line. Admission is £3.
- To book your table for the BOB’s Pack-a-Picnic Quiz Evening to be held in the Village Hall on Saturday, March 10, please call Bruni on 01424-883548. Teams of up to 8, admission is £5.00 per person. Quizmaster is Graeme Dinning. Proceeds in aid of the regeneration of the playground at Broad Oak.
- The second of this year’s Lent Lunches, organised by Brede & Udimore Overseas Missionary Group, will be held in the Church Room at St. George’s on Wednesday, March 7, from 12 noon till 2.00 pm.
- Services at St. George’s Church during the coming week will be the Family Eucharist at 9.30 am on Sunday, February 26 with Holy Communion on Tuesday, February 28, at 9.00 am and also Wednesday, February 29, at 10.00 am.
- Trinity Church continues at Broad Oak again this Sunday, February 26, where the service at 10.30 am will be conducted by Mr. Owen Birch.
- Activities for the coming week at the Village Hall:
Monday, 27: Age UK (10.30 am), Rainbows (4.15 pm), Brownies (5.30 pm), Whist Drive (7.30 pm); Tuesday, 28: Brede & Udimore Luncheon Club (12.30 pm), Parish Council (7.30 pm); Wednesday, 29: Brede Crafters (2.00 pm); Thursday, March 1: Stretch and Tone (9.30 am); Friday, 2: Farmers’ Market (10.00 am), Short Mat Bowls (7.30 pm); Saturday, 3: Village Dance (7.30 pm).
- Scout Hut, Stubb Lane: Tuesday, February 28: Cubs (6.30 pm).
- If you have anything to be put in the column it can be sent e-mail to: email@example.com
JOHN MAY Mill Lands