• Tonight is quiz night at the Pavilion in Burwash Common. Teams of six are invited to have ago. The fun begins at 7.30pm. The licensed bar will be open. For more details call Karol Richardson on 01435 883318.
• Age UK has donated a defibrillator to the Burwash Village and there will be a specail talk and demonstration on how to use it at the Village Hall tomorrow, Saturday, at 10.am. Anyone who is interested is welcome to go along.
• The Monthly Parish Footpath walk will take place on Monday morning, leaving the Bear Car par at am. Roger Cloke welcomes you all to join him as he leds the way over the public footpaths around our three villages. These walks usually end in time for lunch.
• The Burwash and District flower arrangement club will have its spring meeting on Monday afternoon at the Burwash village hall, from 2.15pm. Strictly Flowers will be demonstrated by guest speaker Mrs Christine Nash. Non-members and visitors and always welcome entrance £4-50.
• Please note that The Burwash Monday painters group will meet at the Pavilion in Burwash common on Monday as the flower club will be in the Burwash village hall. They will meet at their normal time of 1pm.
• The next course of the Community Weight Loss Challenge begins on Tuesday evening. The last course which ended just before Easter was won by Marian Mole, with Jackie Ashdown second and Shirley Pope third. A total weight loss by the nine who finished the twelve weeks was 45.5kgs (!00 pounds), and many inches. If you would like to get in shape for the summer and would like to join us, it costs £39 for the twelve weeks and you will be given advise, make new friends with who you can exchange ideas, and have a bit of fun trying to lose those excess pounds. Call Sue Tonkin on 01892 784741 to enrol. The courses are held in the Annex of the Catholic Church of Christ the King, Burwash, from 7pm every Tuesday.
• The Burwash Not So Young club will have their April meeting on Thursday at the Burwash village hall from 2.15pm. They will hear guest speaker Mr C Rudd talking on Lewes. New members and guests are always welcome to join them. Tea and a raffle ends the afternoon.
• There are still a few tables left for the fun quiz evening being held at the village hall on 20th April at 7.30pm. Teams of six are invited to enter, with Steve Bennett and Terry Parker as our usual fun quiz masters. Entry is £6 per person and includes a hot supper. To enter a team please call Mary on 01435 882107. All proceeds to the village hall funds for the redecoration of the main hall in the summer.
• Finally, congratulations to Burwash A snooker team, who became the Division three champions after winning 16 of the 18 matches in hte Hurst Green and District snooker league. Steve Barden, Ron Flint, Trevor Hayes, Mike Hill, Steve Payne and Geoff Wright were five points clear points of Battle E in second place. Promotion to division two see the long awaited Derby against Burwash who after a shaky start to the season retain their division two status.
Mary Taylor, Holton Cottages