- Last Saturday I had the privilege of seeing the first performance of the BAPS new pantomime, Indiana Jones and the temple of DOOOOOOM.
What a very talented lot they are, having written the script and then staging it, we are so lucky.
With only a few obvious mistakes, which kind of makes it even more hilarious, it was really good.
It was great to see such a wide age range involved, the children dancers were very good.
Terry parker as the Dame was hilarious. Kelly-anne Bray as Indiana very good, great voice too.
The children in the audience really got into to things, hissing and booing, and shouting out behind you. It was a typical, traditional pantomime and well worth a ticket. Three more performances give you three more chances. Tonight at 8pm, tomorrow at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. Well done everyone
- Thank you to everyone who supported the village hall’s table top sale last weekend.
There were eleven tables selling some lovely items, especially the hand made cards and ornaments etc. Jewellery and pottery were also available.
Those who attended suggested they become a regular event to build up a following. The committee will look into that.
Profits amounted to over £140, including the raffle, tombola and refreshments.
- Tonight is music night at the Pavilion in Burwash Common, when local people will give you a great evening as they sing and play for your pleasure.
The fun begins at 8pm and you are all welcome to join them. The licensed bar will be open.
- The Burwash branch of Age Concern will have their monthly luncheon club meeting on Monday.
It takes place at the Bear Motel from noon. If you are aged 55 and over you are welcome to join them.
A delicious two course meal for £8 is on offer among new friends.
To book a place/s call Jazz Botting on 01435 882033, she may also be able to help with transport for anyone who needs it.
- Tea at Mount House is once again being held on Monday afternoon, at 2.30pm.
Lynda and Richard Maude-Roxby invite you to join them as they raise funds for the Admiral Nurses, in East Sussex, for dementia.
Entry is £5. There will also be a raffle and bring & buy stall.
- Burwash Horticultural society invite you to a special talk by Hilary Newman on Climbers and Wall Plants.
The event is being held on Thursday, at the Burwash village hall, 2pm for 2.30pm.
Entrance for the Society’s members is £1.50, non-members £2.50.
There will be a raffle and tea & biscuits.
- The monthly whist drive will take place on Thursday at the village hall.
Twenty hands of cards for £2. All levels of ability are welcome at this friendly, fun evening.
Light refreshments for donations will be available half way through the evening, and a raffle will be held too.
No need for a partner, most of us come alone, but we have a great time and everyone is really friendly and welcoming.
Prizes for the highest and second highest man and lady and for the lowest.
- There will be another Admiral Nurses coffee morning at the Pavilion in Burwash common next Saturday, 3rd March, from 10.30am to noon. There will be a bric-a-brac stall, tombola, raffle and cakes. Donations and offers of help would be welcome, especially offers to make cakes.
MAry Taylor Holton Cottages