Lesley Dunford has pleaded guilty for the second time to murdering her baby son, six months before she killed her young daughter.
Dunford, 37, initially pleaded guilty to the 2003 murder of seven-month-old Harley at a hearing in January, saying she did not want to travel to court every day for a trial.
However, at a hearing at the Old Bailey on February 19, her guilty plea was withdrawn and a trial date was set for April 11.
Today (Friday, March 18), Dunford, formerly of Windermere Close, Exeter, changed her plea for the second time when she appeared at the Old Bailey.
The case has been adjourned to a date to be fixed in April for sentencing.
Dunford was jailed for seven years in June 2012 for the manslaughter of her three-year-old daughter Lucy in 2004.
Court picture by Eddie Mitchell.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @RyeObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you red here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.