Aspiring stars will have the chance to shine this month as The X Factor comes to Robertsbridge.
Appleyard Studios, based in Redlands Lane, is playing host to the show, which will be holding auditions this April, at a date yet to be announced.
Jeff Topp, director, said: “We are really pleased to announce that we have teamed up with ITV and Syco for this year’s X Factor show.
“Area auditions will take place at the studios, with the production crew looking for talent. The auditions will be pre-televised and filmed at the studios. The X Factor was quite keen to use the facilities, which is great, as it puts Robertsbridge and the rest of 1066 Country on the map.
“It’s pretty exciting to be working with ITV and Syco, the production company, to showcase talent in the area, providing a good opportunity for people.”
The rules for the audition are as follows:
- Generally one song per person (10-minute slots), but entrants may be asked for a second song so be prepared with two;
- Preferably a cover rather than an original;
- Preferably backing track rather than a cappella or instrumental;
- Over 16s only and those under 18 should have permission from a parent or guardian.
Jeff added: “There will be no yes/no answers on the day or feedback.
“We record the auditions and show them to the producers in London who make the decisions.”
Applicants can apply as solos and in as many groups/ duos as they wish, so anyone can feel free to audition twice for both categories.
If anyone would like to audition then please contact Appleyard Studios by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to enter, the studios need applicants’ names, address, contact number and name and contact of a parent of guardian if under 18.
The X Factor is a reality television music competition to find new singing talent, contested by aspiring singers drawn from public auditions.
It was created by Simon Cowell and began in 2004 and has since aired annually from August/September until December.
The winner of The X Factor is awarded a £1m recording contract with Syco Music, in association with Sony Music.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.