An 86-year-old man has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving after a Udimore woman died when a car crashed into a coffee shop on Christmas Eve.
The defendant, who is from Westerham in Kent, will appear at Sevenoaks Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, July 5.
Kent Police have not publicly named the man.
The fatal crash saw a car plough into a Costa Coffee shop, in The Green, Westerham, at around 10.30am on December 24 last year.
Valerie Deakin, 74, from Udimore, was inside the coffee shop at the time. She died at the scene.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.