Pupils at Robertsbridge Community College were celebrating what the school said were ‘record-breaking exam results today (Thursday, August 25).
Five years of study were rewarded when the wait was finally over and pupils were able to open the envelopes containing their GCSE results.
There were scenes of joy – and relief – as pupils received the grades that mean they can go on to the next stage of their education and careers.
67 percent of pupils achieved the gold standard of five A* - C grades, with some impressive standout performances.
11 percent of pupils achieved five or more grades at A and A* with pupil Amanda Bryant achieving ten GCSE grades at A* and A.
Also deserving of mention are Year 10 mathematics pupils who accrued 31 A and A* grades a whole year ahead of other pupils.
Robertsbridge Community College headteacher Doug Downs said: ‘I am immensely proud of the hard work of our pupils who have shown that Robertsbridge Community College is at the forefront of academic achievement in East Sussex.
“I must also mention the incredible support provided by our staff and the parents of our pupils who have once again shown just what can be achieved when we work in true partnership.
“The buzz around the college is incredible.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.