Police have seized cannabis with an estimated value of £235,000 which was discovered in a storage container at Rye Harbour.
The discovery was made at 2.30pm on Wednesday (June 22) when a padlock on the container was ground off to reveal several large bags containing between 40 and 50 kilogrammes of the class B controlled drug.
Detective Inspector Gavin Patch, of the Priority Crime Team at Hastings, said: “This was a significant seizure and we’re now seeking to establish who was responsible for putting it there, how and when.
“Anyone who may have noticed any suspicious activity, people or vehicles in the vicinity of the industrial estate over recent weeks is asked to get in touch.”
Information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting serial 958 of 22/06.
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 (www.crimestoppers-uk.org).
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.