Kitchen fire in Robertsbridge

Fire and Rescue News.
Fire and Rescue News.

Firefighters were called to tackle a kitchen fire in Robertsbridge last night (June 30).

Crews from Battle and Burwash fire stations were called to an address in Mountfield Lane just after 9.20pm.

The building was heavily smoke-logged and firefighters ventilated the property.

One elderly woman was checked over by the paramedics.

It is believed that the fire started after an oven glove was left on a cooker hob.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.