There’s already been dramatic change in Sidley and Crowhurst as work on the new road progresses.
East Sussex County Council says work this month has included -
- Great Crested Newt and Reptile trapping and relocation
- Archaeological investigation throughout the site
- Construction of the haul route to provide access for construction traffic
- Ground treatment works – these provide a base for the earthworks
- Demolition of the properties on London Road
- Demolition of the Woodsgate Park Bridge leaving a section of the west abuttment and wing walls to form part of the new bridge
- Root removal works from earlier site clearance – this can only be done now that dormice are out of hibernation
- Diversions of services including Crowhurst Road (completed 6 weeks ahead of schedule) and coordinated to include highways patching works
- Unexploded ordinates surveys – this is to survey the land for possible unexploded bombs left from WWII
- Completion of the site compound in Crowhurst – now main office site Fencing works – this includes fencing protected areas of trees and habitat.