On Sunday 31 August the Winchelsea Archaeological Society will be leading a walk through the historic medieval town.
It follows a route from the southern-most point of Winchelsea to trace the long-lost western defences and quarters of the medieval town, from the New Gate to the former windmill site.
Drawing on recent research, the tour will discuss the French raid of 1360, the missing Pewis Gate, the village of Petty Iham, the Blackfriars Monastery and much else. The walk will cross countryside not normally open to the public.
The walk starts from the bus stop in Winchelsea at 2pm on Sunday.
It will take about two hours. Appropriate footwear and clothing is recommended, depending on the weather.