17 Smith Close, Ninfield
• Land Rover owners are being warned about a spate of thefts both locally and across our region. Thieves recently targeted 3 vehicles in the Battle area. If you hear or see anything, please contact our PSCO, Daryl Holter, or the Battle Neighbourhood Policing Team on 101.8 Ninfield Bowls Club are back in action, with their first games being played last Saturday, April 27 against Northiam. Unfortunately they lost 47-103. However, they faired better on Sunday April 28 against Battle, winning 71-65. These were both league games so they have not lost too many points overall.
• The annual Ninfield Carnival Pram Race takes place on May 6, returning to Manchester Road. The fun begins at 11.30-2pm. The Carnival Committee look forward to seeing you there.
• Ninfield Parish Council are holding their Annual Parish Meeting on Wednesday May 8, 7.15pm at Ninfield Memorial Hall. This event aims to provide a further opportunity for parishioners to understand more about the priorities and activities of the village.
Following the previously successful format, local groups and societies are cordially invited to participate by giving a two minute presentation promoting their activities to parishioners and potentially gaining new members and interest (please register your interest with the Parish Council Clerk, Jackie Scarff T: 07725843505).
• There is a change to the Speaker at the Hooe History Society on May 9 meeting. David Constable will be giving a talk about Sussex Antique Silver. David, a resident of Hooe, is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and passionate about antique Sussex Silver and so the evening promises to be very interesting indeed. The meeting, to be held in the Hooe Village Hall starts at 7.30pm and everyone is welcome.
• Hooe Open Group (Ladies Club) are next meeting on May 10, 2.30pm at Hooe Village Hall. They will be having a talk by Annlyn Boyes called “My career with Sir Norman Hartnell”, which should be of interest as his client list covered almost everyone
of note, from the Queen to stars of the cinema and theatre. For further detail contact the Social Organiser, Edna Wallis Tel. 01424 842591.
• The East Sussex County Council Mobile Library service will next be in the villages on May 11 & 25 at:
Hooe, opposite Denbigh Court, 1.50pm - 2.35pm.
Ninfield, Millfield (off Manchester Road), 2.50pm - 3.25pm.
Ninfield, Downsview (off Church Lane), 3.40pm - 4.05pm.
• Ninfield Flower Group are meeting on May 13, 7.30pm at the Memorial Hall. They will be having a demonstration by Samantha Thomas entitled ‘Holywood Legends’. Should you require any further information regarding the group or would like to join, please contact Susan on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01323 844634 after 6pm or weekends.
• Ninfield Local History Group are meeting on May 16, 7.30pm at the Reading Room. This month they have a talk from the manager of Ibstock Bricks. Annual membership only costs £10 per person, but everyone is welcome. There is a charge of £1 for members (and £2 for non-members) at each meeting to help towards the cost of refreshments and guest speakers. For further information, please contact Rod Ffoulkes, Acting Chairman, NLHG 01424 893635 or email email@example.com or see their Website/Facebook page: www.ninfieldhistorygroup.org / http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninfield-Local-History-Group/206758869459743.
• A Dinner Dance is being held on May 18 at the Memorial Hall to raise money for the hall repairs which commence in July. There will be a 3 course meal(2 choices per course) plus coffee and mints, dancing, and a floor show cabaret featuring “ Les Belles Burlesques” and other local performers. Tickets are limited to 80 and are £20 per person. There will also be a pay bar - wines, champagne, beer and lager.,plus a small raffle Dress code is Formal!!! For further information or to book your place, please contact Sami Guard on 893699 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hooe Parish Council are meeting on May 23, 7.45pm in the Village Hall. All Hooe residents are invited to attend.
• Ninfield’s Got Talent returns for another fun filled evening on July 12, 7pm-midnight. This is a great family event held in the marquee on Ninfield recreation ground. There are cash prizes on offer for the participants. For the revelers there is a bar, BBQ and a wide selection of entertainment. If you would like to enter, please contact Sami on 07970650321.
• Ninfield Carnival will be on Saturday July 13. The theme of the Carnival is ‘James Bond’ (it is the 50th anniversary of the Bond films). Preparations are already underway to organise the Carnival. The Committee has a committed core of people organising the day, but they are keen to welcome any new members, especially people to give up an hour or so of their time on the day of the Carnival. This year, they have decided to raise money purely for projects in our village. If you could help in any way, please either ring Andy on 892196. If you would be willing to sponsor an event or provide a raffle prize please contact Steve Fleming on 07717451303.
• 1st Ninfield Scout Group are looking to put a team together to run the Ninfield Explorer Scout unit. Our Explorers are a great group of 14-18 year olds. The programme includes the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme. This is a voluntary team but you get to join a great team and have lots of fun! If you are interested please contact Rosemary Cooper on 892681.
• Don’t forget that you can find out more community information from both villages and Wealden District Council on our district councillors (Pam Doodes) website or the Ninfield Parish Council website: www.pamdoodes.com / www.ninfield.webplus.net.
• Church Services for Ninfield and Hooe (www.ninfield.org.uk):
St Mary’s Services (Church of England, Ninfield):
Sundays - 9.30am Parish Eucharist (Family Service on 1st Sunday of the month)
Wednesdays - 10.00am Holy Communion.
St Oswald’s Services (Church of England, Hooe):
Sundays - 11.15am Parish Eucharist (Family Service on 1st Sunday of the month)
Ninfield Methodist Church - all services at 2.30pm (unless otherwise indicated):
May 5, Worship and Communion with Rev. Ian Pruden.
May 12, Holy Communion with Rev. Ian H. Wales.
May 19, Worship and Communion with Barry Turnwell
May 26, Local arrangements.
• Anything that you would like included in the Village Voice for Ninfield or Hooe, please email the details to me: email@example.com.