The White House, Dixter Road
• Showtimers wowed the audience on Saturday with The Fab 50’s & Swinging 60’s Show, which packed in singing, dancing, sketches and a disturbing amount of cross dressing – you know who you are!! All the great family fun we have come to expect from Showtimers. If you missed it, you are in for a treat, as there are two further performances, on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th May.
• For tickets phone 01797 252395 or go hi-tech at www.ticketsource.co.uk/showtimers. It might be possible to pay on the door, but it’s safer to call. Doors open at 7pm, with curtain up at 7.45pm. Come along and have a really good night out, whether you remember those decades or not, there’s so much to enjoy. There will be a licensed bar and complimentary refreshments – and the Village Hall benefits.
• Sunday is Rogation Sunday, traditionally a time when the crops are blessed and the parish boundary is walked. This year, St Mary’s is holding a parish barbeque at Commonswood Farm. The walk leaves the surgery car park at 3pm, with smaller legs joining at Gooseberry Lane at 3.45pm. If you need details, please call Sarah on 253118.
• The Over 60s meet on Tuesday at 2pm in the Village Hall.
• Coffee Stop is open in the Church Centre each Wednesday between 10am and 12 noon. Karate Club meets in the Village Hall from 7pm.
• Citizens Advice Bureau are in the Village Hall on Thursday – 10-12, and it’s the Parish Council meeting this week at 7.30pm in the Jenkins Room.
• Next Saturday is the day to sort out your plants for the summer. The Christian Aid Coffee Morning in the Church Centre (10-12) is complemented by the popular plant sale at the Byre House. Stock up on plants, cakes etc and then head off to the Village Hall, where the Horticultural Society is holding a Coffee Morning and Plant Sale (10-12.30). Please do try to support both events, especially as your garden will be the winner!
• The Hayes Inn is under new management. Graeme Dunning is opening from 4pm Tuesday through to Friday, and from midday at the weekends. There’s Bingo on a Wednesday, and other events. Worth checking it out!
• Services (5th): 8am Holy Communion, 10.30am Morning Praise, 4pm Church Barbecue