Overheated cable fire in Camber caravan

fire
fire

A fire in a caravan in Camber caused by an overheated cable was extinguished by firefighters this afternoon (Monday, October 19).

Three East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service appliances from Rye and Hastings were mobilised to the incident on New Lydd Road at around 2:10pm.

The small fire was confirmed as out on arrival.

Fire crews left the scene at 2:35pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.