Pett

Mary Saint, Pett Road

Church Services on Sunday February 3 – Holy Communion – David Wotton, St Mary & St Peter, Pett at 9:30am; Sunday Service at the Methodist Chapel at 10:45am.

POPP on Tuesday February 5 will feature a slide show with Michael Hoad. The session runs from 10:30am to 2:30pm and will include a two-course lunch for just £5.

The Village Coffee Morning starts again on Wednesday February 6. Starting at 10am Sally and her team will be ready to welcome you with the very best coffee, tea, biscuits and yummy, yummy cakes.

Also on Wednesday February 6 the Mobile Library will be in Pett and Pett Level on Wednesday January 23. It will start at the Church at 10.10am, moving on to Chick Hill at 10:50am and finishing at The Smuggler at 11.20am.

On Thursday February 7 Flicks in the Village will be showing Anna Karenina. Directed by Joe Wright’s this is a bold, theatrical new vision of the epic story of love, stirringly adapted from Leo Tolstoy’s great novel by Academy Award winner Tom Stoppard (Shakespeare in Love).

The year is 1874. Vibrant and beautiful, Anna Karenina (Keira Knightley) has what any of her contemporaries would aspire to: she is the wife of Karenin (Jude Law), a high-ranking government official to whom she has borne a son, and her social standing in St. Petersburg could scarcely be higher. She journeys to Moscow after a letter from her philandering brother Oblonsky (Matthew Macfadyen) arrives, asking for Anna to come and help save his marriage to Dolly (Kelly Macdonald). En route, Anna makes the acquaintance of Countess Vronsky (Olivia Williams), who is then met at the train station by her son, the dashing cavalry officer Vronsky (Aaron Taylor-Johnson). When Anna is introduced to Vronsky, there is a mutual spark of instant attraction that cannot--and will not--be ignored.

The film starts at 7:30pm with refreshments served from 7pm. Membership forms are available on the night or you can always pop into the Butchers shop in Pett and grab an application form.

Don’t forget to join the Pett 500 Club. The aim of the club is to recruit 500 members who can join the club at a cost of £12 per annum. There will be a monthly draw with 50% of the funds going to the village hall and 60% of the remainder for the first prize and 40% for the second.

The club will be officially launched at the Mama Mia Sing-a-long on February 2 with the first draw being made at Flicks in the Village on March 7. Application forms can be cut from the February edition of Pett Parish News, downloaded from Pettnet.co.uk or collected from Pett Post Office or Phil the Butcher.