• Church Services on Sunday May 5 - Holy Communion – David Wootton, St Mary & St Peter, Pett at 9:30am. There will be a Sunday Service at the Methodist Chapel at 10:45am. On Thursday May 9, Ascension Day – Holy Communion – Kay Burnett, St Andrew, Fairlight at 7:30pm.
• POPP on Tuesday May 7 will provide its own entertainment. The session runs from 10:30am to 2:30pm and will include a two-course lunch for just £5.
• Pett Gardening Club will also meet on Tuesday May 7 at 7:00pm at Pett Village Hall. The speaker will be Heather Goodsell describing the magic of the hedgerows. A plant sale will be held alongside the talk and any plants contributed will be appreciated. New members are always given a very warm welcome.
• Christian Aid Week is May 12-18 and the following will be happening in Pett: May 11 – a fundraising Coffee Morning from 10am to 12 noon at Paxstead, Pett Road. There will be cakes, bring & buy, raffle and the sale of Traidcraft goods. May 12 – Christian Aid Service at Pett Methodist Chapel at 10:45 am. May 12-18 – House to House envelope collection.
• Tickets for the Pett Coronation Celebration & Regal Feast of Puddings on June 2 are selling well. For just £5.30 there will be salads, French bread, a Feast of Puddings and a glass of bubbly as well as live music. And children under 14 go free! Remember tickets are available at Pett Post Office and Phil the Butcher so hurry up and don’t miss out on a great day!
• By popular demand Pett Church will be holding a 2-day Flower Festival entitled ‘Blooming Baskets’ at St Mary and St Peter Church, Pett on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 June. It has been brought forward from the September slot to make the most of the summer warmth – fingers crossed!
• As in previous years the Pett Church Flower Festival Committee would welcome sponsorships for the floral arrangements, which will be acknowledged on the back of the programme. Please ring Angela Hawksley on 812705 for further details.
• Outside the Church will be an array of stalls selling fresh produce, cakes, ‘Trash & Treasure’ and of course a Tombola. Donations for any of these stalls will be greatly appreciated. Further details in the May edition of Pett Parish News.