BATTLE Floral and Horticultural Society held its annual Autumn Show in Battle’s Memorial Hall last Saturday (September 13).
Many members had contributed to a delightful display of flowers, fruit, vegetables, domestic items, photographs and floral arrangements.
Particularly striking were the dahlia exhibits, and once again the harvest baskets.
Refreshments were available throughout the day and there was also a tombola and a well-stocked plant stall.
The show judges had a difficult task and the society is very grateful to them for the work they put in.
The show ended with the presentation of trophies to some very worthy winners:
* F.Somerville Cowan Perpetual Challenge Cup for Dahlias – Marcia King
* Emeleus Cup for Chrysanthemums – Barbara and David Brooks
* Mrs C A Longfield Challenge Trophy – Nikki Cuff
* Ron Jones Trophy – Sam Hills
* Garden News Shield – Tony Winter
* Maurice Cornford Trophy – Clive Richardson
* Harvest Basket or Trug Prize – John Peters
* Bill Crouch Memorial Trophy – John Peters
* Smithard Trophy 1928 - Diana Watson
* Smithard Trophy 1934 – Barbara Clements
* Smithard Trophy 1938 – Barbara Clements
* Cecilia Burt Good Cook Trophy – Diana Watson
* Sussex Express Cup – Ruth McArthur
* For more pictures taken at the show, please visit www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk