A 12-year-old boy was taken to hospital in London with serious injuries after he was hit by a car in Rye.
The accident happened in Mason Road just after 7pm on Friday (October 2).
Paramedics from the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) raced to the scene and the Kent Air Ambulance was scrambled.
The boy, who lives locally, suffered head and leg injuries.
He was taken to Kings College Hospital in London by road, with the air ambulance team joining SECAmb paramedics as support.
The boy had around one hundred stitches in his leg and was later discharged.
The car, a black Fiat Punto, was being driven by a 57-year-old woman from Bexhill who was not hurt in the incident.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.