Firefighters, police and ambulance crews were called to Battle this morning (Thursday, January 26) after a car crashed into a telegraph pole.
The emergency services were called to Whatlington Road just after 9.30am following reports of a crash.
There were fears that the driver, a woman in her 30s, may have been trapped in the vehicle, but she was out when crews arrived.
Crew commander Justin Goodchild from Battle Fire Station said: “We made sure she was OK while waiting for the ambulance to take over.
“We did not have to cut anybody out.”
Paramedics from the South East Coast Ambulance Service were quickly on the scene, but the woman declined hospital treatment.
Picture courtesy of Battle Fire Station.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.