• Services at the Parish Church this Sunday, May 5, are advertised on the church notice board.
• The Friends of Westfield Parish Church are holding a Coffee Morning from 10am to 12 noon on Saturday, May 4 in the Parish Hall. There will be all the usual stalls, including tombola, crafts, cards, cakes, Granny’s Attic and raffle. Entrance is 50p (to include tea/coffee and biscuits), with children (under 14) free of charge. Everyone is welcome.
• The F3 Women’s Group is holding a Jumble Sale in aid of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance at 2pm on Saturday, May 11 in Westfield Community Hall. They would be very grateful for donations of jumble at the hall from 12.15pm, but please note that large items, TVs and monitors cannot be accepted. Cakes and refreshments will be on sale.
• A new dance class, Dance Latino (Line Dance Latin Style), meets weekly at 8pm in Westfield Community Hall at £5 per session. Feel those Latin rhythms and learn the moves. All ages welcome - join the fun! More information from Marie 07710 251465.
• The next Friendship Club meeting is on Monday, May 13 from 2-3.30pm in the Parish Hall. The yearly subscription is £5 with 10p per meeting, and new members will be made very welcome. The Friendship Club do not meet at Whitsun and August bank holidays. Therefore their future dates for your calendar are, June 10 and 24th; July 8 and 22; September 16 and 30; October 14 and 29; November 11 and 25; December 9.
• If you can help Westfield Football Club in any way please contact the club. Several WFC people hope to complete the first ever Westfield (Surrey) to Westfield (here) sponsored cycle ride (72 miles) at the end of April, so please look out for details about sponsoring them. On May 4, the Club presents a special Presentation Night at the WCA Hall from 7pm with top local band ‘The Kytes’, local comedian Dave Seymour, and guests Chris Norton-Walker and Justin Planks. The evening includes a buffet dinner, fully licensed bar and End of Season Awards Presentation. Tickets are £10 in advance, or £15 on the door, from WFC, Westfield News, Archers or firstname.lastname@example.org This evening is open to all. Enjoy it.
• Westfield Golf Fellowship’s next event is the Spring Spoon at Dale Hill on May 9. The cost of £45 includes breakfast, 18 holes, hot meal and prizes. For more information please telephone Nick on 07939587796 or email email@example.com.
• This year’s Westfield Village Fete is on Saturday, July 6, and volunteers are needed to help set up, run stalls and clear up afterwards. Just an hour of your time would make all the difference to the success of the fete. Please contact Sarah on 01424 755721 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or Min on 01424 753752 and email@example.com.
• Westfield Beavers are recruiting so if your son or daughter is looking for “fun and friends” why not give us a try. Must be aged between 6 and 8, meet on Tuesday evenings 5 - 6p.m. Ring Rose on 01424 754080 for further details.
• Westfield Women’s Institute meets on Tuesdays, ring 01424 754013 for more information.
• Sainsbury’s vouchers for Westfield School can be dropped into Westfield Newsagents where Richard & Dan will happily collect them from you.
• The Westfield HUB meets at ‘The Plough’ on Fridays from 10am to 12noon. A warm and friendly welcome and a decent cup of tea/coffee are assured at the Hub every Friday morning between 10am and midday.’
• The Westfield Wildlife website is worth a visit. Please go to http://westfieldwildlife.wordpress.com to share wildlife observations or gain information. Any wildlife observation whether mammal, bird, insect, or flower may be posted on the website, and photos are particularly welcome.
• For information and news about Westfield, please visit the village website www.westfieldvillage.co.uk
• To send information for the Westfield Village Voice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org