A teenage boy was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after he was hit by a car in Battle yesterday afternoon (Thursday, October 22).
The 15-year-old was struck by the vehicle in North Trade Road shortly before 3.45pm.
The accident happened near to Claverham Community College.
However it is not clear whether the boy is a pupil at the school.
The teenager suffered head, leg and arm injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics before he was airlifted to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton.
The car driver was not hurt in the incident.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.