Bus passengers in East Sussex are being advised to look out for changes to subsidised routes due to come into effect next month.
The changes, which will be phased in from Sunday, April 12, result from a review of the county’s supported bus network, and were approved by East Sussex County Council’s cabinet in December.
Changes will save £1.88 million
The reformulated supported bus network, which was devised following a 12-week public consultation last year, will leave 91 per cent of passengers unaffected while 96 per cent will still have access to a six-day-a-week service claims the county council.
But people in Fairlight and Pett were angered at losing their Sunday service.
The changes will save £1.88 million, part of wider savings the council has to make, largely as a result of a cut in central government funding by a third over the past five years.
Cllr Carl Maynard, county council lead member for transport and environment, said: “We have always said that while the financial pressures we are facing mean changes are necessary, we’d try and reduce the impact on passengers where possible.”