A MAJOR leak is still causing problems for Battle Cricket Club.
Two weeks ago the Observer reported on how the club was being forced to cancel a number of matches following a four month-long leak at its George Meadow ground.
After much discussions between the club and South East Water, it was discovered that Southern Water was in fact responsible for the pipe.
The source of the leak was finally identified last week - but has still not been fixed.
Phil Harrod from Battle Cricket Club said: “They came to the site last Thursday/Friday and through jetting the pipe and sending a camera up it confirmed that the pipe was both theirs and the leak was where all the water was laying and leaking down onto the cricket ground.
“They also confirmed that work to resolve this issue would be done this week.”
But after the water company failed to provide a date for the work to be carried out, Phil rang back, only to be told that the company had cleared the problem last week.
He said: “I explained that the water on the surface was no less now than it had been before they had arrived last week.
“The helpdesk guy suggested it had become blocked again and would send someone out.
“The same guy who attended last week turned up again much to his amazement and explained that it required a team of diggers etc.
“He left me with a feedback form to complete and drove off.”
But a spokesperson for Southern Water said: “We have been investigating. It has been confirmed it’s not a sewerage problem, but a surface water problem which is nothing to do with us. We will carry out further investigations.
“It seems to be related to the weather conditions we have been experiencing in recent weeks.”