Friends and family to pay tribute to Ed
Friends and family of a teenager who died in Battle last week will be meeting at Sussex Coast College this afternoon (Thursday) for a special act of remembrance.
Ed Addie passed away at the Abbey Hotel on Thursday, November 24.
Ed’s friends and family will gather at Sussex Coast College in Hastings at 4pm today to release balloons in memory of the popular 18-year-old.
Ed, who lived in Battle, was a former student at Sussex Coast College.
Sophie Wittman, who studied health and social care at the college with Ed, said: “He was funny and amazing.
“He was loved by many.”
All are welcome to join Ed’s friends and family for the balloon release this afternoon.
Ed will be laid to rest at Hastings Crematorium on Monday December 12 at 11am.
Flowers from all are welcome, alternatively donations may be made to The Snowflake Trust in Hastings.
Sussex Police has said that there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Ed’s death and the Coroners Officer is continuing enquiries.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.