A lorry ended up on its side following a crash in Broad Oak this morning (Friday, November 4).
Firefighters from East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to Chitcombe Road, in Broad Oak, Brede, shortly before 10.30am.
Five appliances, including two Technical Rescue Units from both Battle and Lewes fire stations, raced to the scene.
The driver managed to free themselves from the lorry before the crews arrived.
Firefighters made the area safe to the public by removing an oil spillage in the road.
Sussex Police and the Highways Agency also attended the scene of the accident.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @RyeObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.