The family of a woman who died when a car crashed into a coffee shop in Kent on Christmas Eve, have paid tribute to the adored wife and mother.
Valerie Deakin died when the vehicle collided with the Costa Coffee branch in The Green, Westerham, as she enjoyed a drink with her daughter.
A married mother of two, Valerie lived in the village of Udimore.
A statement from her family was released today (6 January), paying tribute to the ‘modest, kind and hard working’ 74-year-old.
Mrs Deakin’s husband said: “At 10.30am on Christmas Eve, 2015, Val, my lovely wife of fifty years, was enjoying a cuppa inside the Costa Coffee café, Westerham, accompanied by her eldest daughter and best friend.
“The shock and loss are indescribable.
“Modest, kind, exceedingly hard working and above all caring she loved all creatures, great and small, with a passion.
“We adored her. Rest in peace.”
Officers from Kent Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit are continuing to appeal for information about the incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision or who saw the vehicle before or after the incident is asked to come forward.
If you can help please contact the witness appeal line on 01622 798538.
Alternatively email email@example.com.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.