A man suffered serious facial injuries in an assault in Broad Oak on Halloween.
Officers were called to Oakhill Drive at around 5.30pm on October 31 after the victim, a 42-year-old local man, was found with serious facial injuries.
A 43-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault but later released without charge.
Police have said the victim, who suffered cuts and bruises, was not attacked with a weapon.
PC Rob Lee, from Sussex Police, said: “We would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and who saw anything suspicious.
“It’s a fairly quiet area but we believe there may have been some families out and about Trick or Treating.”
Anyone who may have seen the assault, or who has any information about the incident, is asked to email email@example.com quoting serial 1211 of 31/10. Alternatively, report online to https://sussex.police.uk/contact-us/response-to-appeal/ or call 101.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @RyeObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.