Musician’s album to raise money for Mo Bourner

A MUSICIAN has released an album to help raise money towards helping a Hooe teenager who suffered severe brain damage after being attacked.

Adeola Osho, of Amherst Road, Hastings, produced Hand Made Part 1 to help 17-year-old Mo Bourner and his family.

The album, consisting of seven tracks, is available on iTunes for £5, as well as on Amazon.

Her debut single, Help Me Please, has already been played on air on Jazz FM and Hoxton Radio.

Adeola said: “Mo Bourner’s family and friends are doing all they can to raise money and awareness to enable him to walk and talk again, and make sure something like this never happens to any child.

“I am also currently organising a charity event in aid of Mo at Azur, Marina Pavilion, which will include a special guest celebrity appearance, to raise as much money as possible.”

Adeola recently met Mo’s family to tell them of her plans, which she received full support.

Her fundraising event at Azur will also be in aid of Dancing Ovation, which the musician set up to inspire and motivate young minds through music and dance.

Adeola has also got to the finals of Open Mic UK where she will return to Brighton on October 26 to compete against other regional musicians. She will be part of a 90-minute competition show in front of industry judges which include representatives from national radio, regional press, and the BBC.

Mo suffered 90 per cent brain damage when he was attacked on De La Warr Parade, Bexhill, after a beach party on October 29, 2011, while still just 15.

Ashley Dacosta, 20, was jailed for six years in July last year at Hove Crown Court for the vicious attack and also for perverting the course of justice. Dacosta, a soldier based at Victoria Barracks, Windsor, punched Mo and as a result he fell to the ground, hitting his head on a car and then again on the ground, causing him to suffer severe brain damage.

Dacosta pleaded guilty in June to racially motivated grievous bodily harm against Mo and was found guilty of perverting the course of justice along with Jack Carrick, 25, of Manor Road, Bexhill, after an eight-day trial.

Carrick was jailed for two years.