Nobles dropped from TV show, despite praise

Marco Pierre White with Paul and Debbie Noble at Nobles in Battle.
Marco Pierre White with Paul and Debbie Noble at Nobles in Battle.

AN AWARD-WINNING Battle restaurant will not feature on a new prime time TV show, despite filming taking place at the eatery earlier in the year.

Celebrity chef Marco Pierre White called into Nobles in the High Street in the spring, filming footage for Channel 5 show Marco Pierre White’s Kitchen Wars.

The series, which began airing earlier this month, sees the chef searching for Britain’s best independent restaurant run by a couple.

Husband and wife team Paul and Debbie Noble passed the first stage of the competition with flying colours and later impressed Marco with a lamb dish, served at the restaurant.

But now the makers of the programme have told the couple their restaurant, which marked it’s fifth anniversary on June 12, will not be featured.

Debbie said: “Nobles Restaurant will not be featured because we are too much in control and don’t have enough ‘drama’ for TV!

“But he (Marco) did say, and I quote, ‘Your (Paul) cooking style is what I want to eat when I go out as you have the skills to put the right flavours, ingredients and textures together’.”