- Thank you to the parents and children who supported the Valentines disco last Friday.
It’s a great shame that the turnout wasn’t better because the children who did come along all seemed to be having a great time and were all a credit to their parents.
Games were enjoyed, prizes won and everyone went home happy.
I’m not sure if there will be any more of these discos, please let me know if you think they’re a good idea, its a little disappointing to work hard on an event to give the children in the village some fun and then have such a poor attendance!
Or if you have any suggestions or ideas about events for the younger members of the village please come forward with them!
- A reminder about the two events at the hall on March 3 - during the afternoon 1 - 3pm there will be a jumble sale with a raffle and refreshments available (any jumble can be dropped off at the Hall from 9am on the day).
- In the evening there will be a Quiz - usual time, 7.30pm, £5.50 entrance which includes a ploughman’s supper, come along and join in the fun.
- Last week I mentioned a new venture starting at the Memorial hall - 60+ Sing for Fun will be starting Tuesday 6th March 2pm to 3.30pm; everyone welcome.
Just turn up or phone Yvonne on 01797 230693 for further details.
Sounds like it could be fun, why not give it a go!
- Rye and District Community Hub have asked me to let you know about their Open Day, which will be on Wednesday February 29 10.30am - 8pm at Rye Club in Market Road.
You are very welcome to pop in for a tea or coffee and a chat, there will be DVDs of of community events from the 70s and 80s to watch and you can learn all about the new interactive community website.
The Community Hub meets every Wednesday from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- Peasmarsh Flying Start baby and toddler group is held at the Peasmarsh Memorial Hall every Thursday morning (during term time) from 9.30am-11.30am and costs £2 per family.
- This Sunday the service at Peasmarsh church will be Holy Eucharist at 3pm, both the 8am and 10am services will be at Beckley.
Mary Hitchins 2 The Old Hop Gardens