Missing man found after large police response in Battle

A man has been found safe following a large police response in Battle.

Friday, 18th June 2021, 10:37 am

A number of police officers were seen in Battle Great Woods, off Marley Lane, at about 3pm on Thursday (June 17).

On Friday (June 18), a spokesman for Sussex Police said officers were searching for a man who had been reported missing earlier in the afternoon.

“He was found in the woods and is safe,” police said.

Picture supplied by Bexhill Dog Walking SUS-210618-102800001

An eyewitness said about 20 police officers were called to the woods.

Picture supplied by Bexhill Dog Walking SUS-210618-102750001