PICTURE GALLERY: Time to say farewell to Yesterday’s World
There are just a few days left to catch Yesterday’s World before the tourist attraction itself becomes a thing of the past.
The museum, which documents 125 years of British social living history, is to close for good on November 1 as the owners of the attraction can no longer afford to keep it running.
The museum contains more than 150,000 nostalgic artefacts, plus virtual and interactive exhibits.
Yesterday’s World is well-known for its life size street scenes and shop displays, which include an old-fashioned chemist and a sweet shop.
Other highlights of the soon to close attraction include a World War II evacuee display and an Audience with Queen Victoria.
Yesterday’s World is open 10.30am-4pm daily (last admission 3pm).
The building is set to go under the hammer on October 27.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.