Rubbish on A21 '˜not left by fly-tippers'
Bags of rubbish strewn along the A21 between Hastings and Hurst Green were not left by fly-tippers, the council has said.
The rubbish was found early on Wednesday morning.
A Rother District Council spokesman said: “Our contractor came across what appeared to be builders’ waste on the A21
“Due to safety concerns, the bags of rubbish were immediately cleared from the carriageway and side of the road.
“There was nothing to identify where the waste originated from, but we are confident that it had fallen from a moving vehicle and was not flytipped.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.