A flood alert issued for the coast and tidal areas between Fairlight and Dungeness has been lifted.
The Environment Agency issued the alert for the area, including Dungeness, Lydd, Camber, Winchelsea Beach, Pett Level and the Tidal Rother to Rye, Rye Harbour and East Guldeford, as high spring tides and a small surge posed a flood risk to low lying land and roads.
The alert was officially lifted last night (Tuesday, September 1).
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.