Rye town crier Rex Swain and wife Rita marked 60 years of wedded bliss on October 1.
Rex met life-long Rye resident Rita when her mother ran dance classes in Playden Village Hall. The couple married in Rye Church and went on to have two daughters, Wendy and Jools, and later welcomed granddaughter Carly.
Rex, 84, became Rye’s town crier in 2000. The couple are both popular members of Rye Bowls Club.
Rex and Rita celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with family in the Hope Anchor Hotel in Rye. They also received a message of congratulations from the Queen.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter Text to display
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.