• The monthly Luncheon Club takes place next Wednesday in Staplecross when a hot meal and good company is promised. Anyone wishing to join should first contact Anka on 830260 or Dennis on 830816 to book a place. The cost is £5.50 and the club is open to anyone living in the parish who is aged 50 and over.
• The popular Ewhurst, Staplecross and Bodiam Garden Society’s April meeting will be the Spring Flower Show next Thursday (April 18). Hopefully with a few days sunshine recently there will be sufficient flowers to add colour to the evening. The exhibits should be staged from 7pm-7.30pm. No entry form or fees required, just cards available at the door for exhibitors to complete. The guest speaker is Janet Bryant whose talk is entitled Tubs And Containers.
• On Tuesday evening at 6.30pm April 23 it is the Ewhurst Annual Parochial Church Meeting. This takes place at St James Church, when election of churchwardens, PCC representatives, Deanery Synod representatives, appointment of sidesmen, and the appointment of the independent examiner takes place.
• The church is holding a fundraising event of a Spring Fayre on Saturday May 4 at the Cross Inn garden in Staplecross. Donations and offers of help to the Churchwardens please (Lizzie Stern and John Barnes).A specific request is for the plant stall. Anyone who is able to get into their garden in the next few weeks and can pot up surplus plants as well as getting seedlings going in time for the event would be most welcome. Items for the tombola stall are also being sought.
• Keep fit classes in various guises continue in the parish. Monday 6-7.30pm line dancing in the Church Room, Staplecross; Tuesday 5-6pm Pilates in the village hall; Wednesday Pilates chair bound exercises for those less energetic 3.15pm in the Church Room, Staplecross; Thursday 5.30pm yoga in the village hall; Friday 6-7.30pm line dancing again in the Church Room.
Mary Reeve, Wodens Wood, Cripps Corner