A teenager has been found dead in a hotel in Battle.
Police were called to the Abbey Hotel in the High Street at 10.50am on Thursday November 24, following reports that a body of a man had been discovered in a bedroom there.
It is believed that the 18-year-old worked at the hotel.
A spokesperson from the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) said: “We responded to a call from the Abbey Hotel.
“We did attend the scene, but sadly the person was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Sussex Police said that there were no suspicious circumstances and the Coroners Officer is continuing enquiries.
Shepherd Neame Limited, which owns the hotel, has been approached for comment.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.