After months of planning, Battle’s Big Weekend 2016 kicks off with a free family disco on Battle Recreation Ground tonight (Friday June 24).
The disco is free to attend, but under 18s must be supervised by an adult.
On Saturday there will be a hive of activity starting with the annual carnival parade, setting off from Battle Recreation Ground at 11am and making its way to the Abbey Green.
It will pause here briefly before returning to the rec where the summer fayre takes place between 11am and 4pm.
Attractions at the fayre include a dog show, craft fayre, traditional stalls such as a coconut shy plus live performances from dancers and singers. A licensed bar and barbecue will run throughout.
The fayre is free to attend.
Saturday night brings an evening of live music featuring local bands The Blocks, The Chandeliers and 6 Hr Stint. Tickets will be available at the fayre or on the door, subject to availability
For both evening events, no food or drink is to be brought into the arena and bags will be subject to searches by security. ID will be required to purchase alcohol.
Full details on the event are available at www.battlesbigweekend.co.uk or search on Facebook for Battle’s Big Weekend.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.