Police carried out a major search of woodland in Netherfield on Sunday afternoon (June 21) after a man went missing from his home in Battle.
Officers were called at 1.50pm and told the man had left his home earlier in the day.
As there were concerns for his welfare, a large-scale police search was launched.
At 4pm officers found the man in Netherfield High Wood, near where he had left his car.
South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) sent an ambulance and two paramedic cars to the scene.
A SECAmb spokesperson said the man, who was aged in his 40s, was unconscious and in a serious condition.
He was taken to the Conquest Hospital in Hastings for further treatment and assessment.
Battle firefighters were also called to help in the search, but crews were stood down before they arrived.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make our website your homepage at http://www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.