It seems just about everybody has wanted a piece of Hastings United player-manager Sean Ray this week.
The 31-year-old central defender has conducted interviews with the likes of BBC Sussex, BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC South East Today, as well as football magazines and newspapers after United reached round two of the FA Cup last weekend.
Speaking to Observer Sport after the 3-2 win over Enfield Town in the league last night (Tuesday), Ray said: “It’s been absolutely manic. I’ve forgotten how many times I’ve had to charge my phone up. It’s tiring and it’s hectic, but you’ve got to get on with it. It will settle down after tonight.”
United are the lowest ranked team guaranteed to be in round two having won five matches so far - not bad for a side whose last FA Cup victory prior to this season was way back in 2006. The run has earned the club a very welcome £45,500 from the FA’s prize fund.
It looks as though Jack Dixon will remain at United after it was revealed last week the full-back/midfielder was talking with Lewes about a possible move away from The Pilot Field. Ray said: “He’s decided he wants to stick around and fight for his place.”
For full Hastings United coverage, see Friday’s Hastings Observer.